Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sidenote

I'm a little humbled that, so shortly after starting this project, I've already had visitors.  It occurs to me that, without context, this site likely looks like some random ramblings, and probably isn't very interesting.  In fact, I can't imagine it being very interesting even after it really gets rolling, except perhaps to a few fellow geeks.

I have decided that I want to become, if not an expert, somewhat renown when it comes to using OpenGL with Qt.  The combination of two projects (the meta-project you're reading now, and the game I'm attempting to develop) are the means I have selected to attempt to accomplish that probably-lofty goal.

By the end of the next post, I will probably be caught up to the present state of development.  I imagine the posts after that will be somewhat more interesting, as I intend to discuss the questions I have and the problems I'm trying to solve, as well as the answers as I come upon them.  My hope is that these future posts will be significantly more detailed than what I've written so far.

I also hope to revisit the steps I've already written about, at some point, to give a clearer and more helpful explanation (should anyone ever, for some unknown reason, wish to follow my footsteps).  I consider myself a newbie in this whole arena, and I hope this site will be ultimately helpful to other newbies.

That being said, I welcome any feedback.  I intend to keep the comments open and (mostly) not moderated.  If you have a suggestion, please let me know.  Even if you're not at all technically-minded, but stumble across my writings, feel free to leave a note.

I look forward to hearing what my readers have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment